LAST UPDATED: 2 March 2018
Information We Collect
Information You Provide Us
When you sign up to receive a newsletter, create an account, place an order through the Services, or contact us through our online contact form or call centers, we collect information from you such as:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Financial details (e.g., credit or debit card number)
- Purchase information, including lifestyle and food preferences, and shopping lists
- Personal characteristics (e.g., date of birth, gender)
- Feedback and reviews of Breville’s products
Information We Collect From Your Use of the Services
We and our third party service providers may collect information from you as you use our Services, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services you are using. We use this information to help our Services function properly.
- When you first visit our website, we ask for your individual consent to the use of certain categories of cookies by used by third parties.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success or our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
- IP Address: Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified, automatically shortened and logged in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the pages that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practices and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We only use shortened IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Services. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
Social Media Plug-Ins
Our services use plug-ins of social networks ("plugins"). If you use a service that includes plug-ins, information can be transferred directly from your device to the social network provider. We have no influence on the data collected by the plugin. If you are logged in to the social network, a connection can be established between your user account and the use of our service. If you interact with the plugins, for example by clicking on "Like", "Follow" or "Share" or by writing a comment, this information may automatically appear in your profile on the social network. Even if you are not logged in, the plugins may still send your IP address to social networking providers.
When you connect to a social network service on a device that is also used by other people, these other users may be able to see information that is stored or displayed in connection with your profile on the Social Network Service page.
For more information about the social networking providers whose plugins are used in our services ("providers"), see below:
Controller: Facebook Ireland Limited, Hanover Reach, 5-7 Hanover Quay, 2 Dublin, Ireland ("Facebook"). For more information, see Facebook's data usage guidelines at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
Controller: YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA ("YouTube"). For more information see YouTube's privacy guidelines at https://www.youtube.com/static?template=privacy_guidelines
Controller: Instagram LLC., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA („Instagram“). For more information see Instagram's privacy policies at https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388
If We Cannot Collect Your Information
If you do not allow us to collect information from you or through the Services, we may not be able to provide you with full access to the Services, products, or assistance relating to the Services. For example, we will need your personal details in order to complete and fulfill your purchase.
How We Use Your Information
We may use and disclose the information we collect from or about you for the following purposes:
- To provide the Services.
- To send administrative information to you, such as information regarding the Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To register and manage any accounts you have with us and respond to your inquiries regarding these accounts.
- To complete and fulfill your purchase or other requests, including processing your payment, communicating with you regarding your purchase, and providing you with customer service related to your purchase or purchased products.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may potentially be of interest to you, if you are an existing customer or if you have subscribed to our newsletter
- To personalize your experience on the Services by presenting products and offers tailored to you or that may potentially be of interest to you, consistent with your choices.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions and to administer these activities.
- For our business purposes and the business purposes of our partners and third party service providers, such as, without limitation, troubleshooting data analysis, audits, security, fraud monitoring and prevention; developing new products; enhancing, improving, or modifying our Services; identifying usage trends; determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns; collaborating with our partners, responding to customer service enquiries; and operating and expanding business or future activities.
How We Share Your Information
Your information may be disclosed:
- To our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, fraud protection, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- To third party sponsors involved in the processing of sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions, consistent with your choices.
- To third party advertising companies who perform functions on our behalf such as serving advertisements regarding goods and services (see the “Third Party Advertisers” section, below).
- To a third party in the event of any proposed or effected reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings). If any such event occurs, that third party may assume all of our rights to collect, use, share, or otherwise dispose of your information.
We may use and disclose information that does not identify or otherwise relate to an individual for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
Third Party Services
Third Party Advertisers
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may potentially be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites or online services. These advertisements may be based on information relating to your access to and use of the Services and other websites or online services. To serve these advertisements, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags), if you consented to that when visiting our website for the first time. If you would like more information about this practice generally, and to learn about your choices with respect to these third parties, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices and http://www.aboutads.info/.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe the security of your account has been compromised, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
Your Choices and Access
From time to time, we send e-mail messages to our users. If you would prefer not to receive such messages, we provide users choices regarding receiving certain communications from us and our partners.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means with information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale to you or with other promotional information with your consent. If you do not wish to receive this promotional information by e-mail then please unsubscribe via the “unsubscribe” link in the marketing-related emails we send you. If you are a new customer, we will send you promotional information by electronic means only if you have consented to it.
- We only permit members of our group of companies to contact you by electronic means if you have consented to this. If you previously consented, but no longer wish to receive this promotional information, please unsubscribe via the “unsubscribe” link in the marketing-related emails we send you.
Note that even if you “unsubscribe,” you may still receive certain administrative communications from us, such as emails confirming that we have received or shipped your order, or emails regarding certain changes to our terms, conditions, or policies.
Your Data Protection Rights
If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time. In addition, if you are a resident of the European Union, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. You can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.)
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Use of Services by Minors
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that they not provide personal information through the Services.
Your information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), we have taken measures to comply with EEA data transfer restrictions such as implementing a legal mechanism to lawfully transfer your Personal Information between the EEA and non-EEA countries, such as the United States and Australia.
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive information in your emails to us.